Disability Confidence for Leaders (Auckland)
Are you wanting to be an inclusive leader that can get the best out of all your employees?
Our Disability Confidence for Leaders training helps you think about disability and neurodiversity in a different way, and move further towards being that leader you always aspire to be.
Suitable for both formal and informal leaders right across an organisation, the course covers -
- Disability demographics for New Zealand
- The models of disability and their relationship to the NZ Disability Strategy
- Examples of the different types of disability, both visible and undisclosed
- The many benefits of disability and neurodiversity for your organisation
- An understanding of the relevant legislation in New Zealand
- How to behave and what to say to disabled people
- A discussion about the barriers that disabled and neurodiverse people face
- What are reasonable accommodations and how to implement them
- Where to go for more support?
- Date: Wednesday 28th June 2023
- Time: 9am to midday
- Location: Auckland (venue to be advised)
Book your tickets
Facilitator - Phil Turner
Phil is the Chief Executive of the NZ Disability Employers' Network, leading through his passion to see a more equitable NZ society for disabled and neurodiverse people.
Having spent 5 years with Blind Low Vision New Zealand (BLVNZ) leading many teams and projects, Phil was a key part in establishing the Accessibility Tick and it's employers network which has moved away and evolved in to the NZDEN today. Phil's involvement at BLVNZ also included leading the Accessible Formats Team, Youth Library, Access Advisors - Digital Accessibility Consultancy, and their Amazon Alexa voice project.
Having worked with leading organisations and disabled people right across Aotearoa, he brings both lived and business experience to the trainings he delivers.