Tuesday 25th July 2023
9:00am - 12:00pm
Auckland (venue TBA)
Are you confident in creating truly inclusive social media content that reaches and engages all users?
Join our interactive training session on Creating Accessible Social Media and discover the significance and benefits of accessible content.
Gain essential techniques and best practices for producing accessible social media content on major platforms.
This course is designed for Social Media Managers, Content Creators, and Marketing Professionals seeking to elevate their reach and engagement.
Key topics covered:
- Understanding the barriers faced by disabled individuals on social media platforms
- Addressing common challenges in social media accessibility
- Image descriptions vs alternative text
- Effective captioning and transcripts for videos
- Creating accessible links and call-to-actions
- Enhancing colour contrast and legibility for improved accessibility
- Harnessing hashtag and emoji accessibility and best practices
General $250 +GST
NZDEN Members $200 +GST or 2 Training Credits*
*Training credits available to our Inclusion, Empowered and Legacy tier members, subject to availability. Please contact your relationship manager if you have any enquiries.
Facilitator - Rachael Parkinson-Turner
Rachael Parkinson-Turner is a highly experienced graphic designer who has developed an unwaivering passion for accessible communication.
Driven by her commitment to promoting accessibility, Rachael has sought training from renowned specialists in accessible communication from around the world. Now, she is excited to bring her knowledge and expertise to New Zealand, empowering professionals to create visually compelling and accessible content.